A quick post about my experience with Match.com at week 2 of my foray into interweb dating. I’ve sent out 50 odd emails, only got about 10 replies and have gone on approximately ZERO dates.
Sure it’s a numbers game right, the more emails you send the more responses you’ll get back and the more dates you’ll get right. But from my past experience some 2 years ago I never remember having such piss poor luck. Could my piss poor results be down to one of the following:
- 40, that magic number, girls in their mid 30s don’t want to even look at guys who are that old
- Many more men than woman? I was told by a pal today that the split is now 50/50 compared to years ago when there were a ton more blokes than lasses. Well bullshite I say, a quick search of woman age 35-42 within 20 miles of my 80302 Zip yields 250 BUT men in that demographic / age range yields almost double the bumber 450.
- Bad photos, my photos are ok but could be better
- Piss poor personality – not a lot I can do about this one (joke)
- Fussy about what I want and like
Well I signed up and paid for the bloody service (even thought I got $80 back, ha ha ) so I’ll keep at it for a bit longer. It’s somewhat entertaining if not frustrating but seeing as my “meeting woman in real life” skills or stats seem to be so poor (or lately, so tragic) I don’t have any other statically better options right now. Even though this post errs on the Brit negative side I’m still confident that I’ll meet someone within the next month or so. Time will tell, will report back soon 🙂